In light of everything going on in Indiana and the various bits of legislation floating around states I thought it time to do another Ask Me Anything
You may ask me *any* question about *me* being Trans or in general about LGBTQ. No Question is Taboo. There are plenty of sites that discuss “What not to ask someone who is trans” and for this you may ignore those. I know that for some people the questions are very personal, very private, and often can be something they are not comfortable being asked or answering – especially publically. I respect those people and their feelings on the matter.
I believe if I can answer people’s questions I can end a little ignorance in the world and hopefully make it an easier place for someone like me. someone who doesn’t have the awesome coworkers, employer, and friends that support them. I can maybe make it easier for people to understand why some laws can hurt and some places are dangerous for us.
- Any question may be asked.
- If you don’t want to ask in a public forum you may contact me privately. I will post the question, but not indicate who asked it. Some people want anonymity.
- All answers will be from Jessica’s point of view. I do not claim to speak for the trans community. I can only speak to my experience.
- Questions around Faith/Religion/Etc will be answered to the best of my ability.
- Questions on Law, Facts, Figures. I am not a lawyer, but I am a data-hound. I will fact check myself before quoting stats and give references. If I misquote. Call me on it. I will make apologies and edits as needed.
- If I can’t answer a question or do not feel comfortable answering a question due to lack of experience in an area (Gender fluidity, Aces, etc) I will say so. Respect that I am respecting those individuals and groups.
How to reach me:
- Facebook – PM me or post to the wall as a reply to this post.
- Jessica Darke
- A reply to this post on AmusedintheDark.com
When will I answer?
Probably this weekend if I get enough questions. It’s a lil insane at work, but this is important to me.